LOGIN | E-NEWSLETTER | 
Select the search type

• Site
  • Web
Search
You are here:   Forums
State and Providence Block Friendship Quilt
Last Post 10 Dec 2012 10:51 AM by jkmccnh. 345 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 18 of 18 << < 1415161718
Author Messages
NickyUser is Offline Veteran Member Veteran Member Posts:1105 " border="0" alt="Avatar" />
--
25 Mar 2010 09:37 PM
Hello again! Cathy I recieved your quilt block today . Boy when you got the block moved You nailed it! I really like it and hope before too many weeks I can put mine together. Hugs.
lIFE ISN'T ALWAYS FAIR, BUT IT IS STILL WORTH LIVING! AND IT SURE BEATS THE ALTERNATIVE!!! Nicky,Taylorsville, Ms. Nicky's Photobucket
JenxUser is Offline Veteran Member Veteran Member Posts:1198 Avatar
--
25 Mar 2010 09:49 PM

I also received a quilt block today but it was from Betty/Busynummiies.  Shows the most important place in IN---Santa Claus!!--as well as several others that are almost as important.

Good work, Betty and Thanks.

Jenx

Jenx’s PhotoBucket Metamora IL/Sebring FL (There's a very fine line between hobby and mental illness. Dave Berry)
http://s92.photobucket.com/albums/l24/Jenx_photo/
cathy Posts:42722
--
26 Mar 2010 06:01 AM
Hi Nicky, I think you got me confused with someone else. I was not part of this exchange. I don't want to take credit for something I did not do. Should check your list to see who sent the square. Since Jenx wrote to say she got one from Betty maybe it was her square.
Cathy’s Photo Bucket Life Member of SWFL
JudymarieUser is Offline Veteran Member Veteran Member Posts:1812 Avatar
--
26 Mar 2010 08:54 AM
I got mine from Betty also yesterday.  I am thinking that you might have too Nicky as she said she sent all of them out. 
Judy's Photo Album
http://s45.photobucket.com/albums/f58/Judymarier/
JenxUser is Offline Veteran Member Veteran Member Posts:1198 Avatar
--
25 Jun 2010 09:55 PM
They've done it to us again!  It will take awhile to get used to the new look.

Meanwhile, If I can figure out the attachment thing, I have something to show everyone.  My quilts are finished.  Notice, I didn't say I finished my quilts?  That's because I allocated the job.  I have a cousin Jane who is a fantastic quilter so I asked her to do them.  My Sister Rena helped and they did a great job.  I just gave her the squares and said "Do it".  They chose the fabrics, colors, design, etc.  The small one needed an extra square so Rena even made one.  I'm very please with it and happy it's finished.  The larger one will fit the full size bed in the spare room.  I photographed it on the king bed so I could get most of it in.  What do you think??

You ladies involved in our first quilt will notice an extra there too.  That's from a private deal I made with Janel.  We exchanged our own 2 squares and I made her a wall hanging with hers.

I tried attaching the quilt photos but don't know what happened to them so I put them in my bucket.  Of course, the link to my bucket is gone now but you can scroll down to my last post and find it there.  I can see I'm going to be lost for awhile.  Does anyone know how I can reduce that obnoxiously large avatar??
http://s92.photobucket.com/albums/l24/Jenx_photo/
jkmccnhUser is Offline Basic Member Basic Member Posts:217 Avatar
--
10 Dec 2012 10:51 AM
To anyone who happens to still look at these forums...I FINALLY TALKED TO SOMEONE AT CHAC WHO WAS WILLING TO HELP ME!!!

Like all of you, I was not happy with Creative Keepsakes magazine as a substitute for our magazine. I received from the club the following list of "substitute" magazines:

American Woodworker
Paper Crafts
Love of Quilting
McCall’s Quilting
Quilters Home
Quilt Maker
Sew News

I selected McCall's Quilting. And like many of you, I realized by looking at the mailing label that my magazine subscription expired with the Nov/Dec issue.

I called McCall's Quilting who said they don't offer lifetime subscriptions. I called CHAC who told me they couldn't help me on the phone and to email. I emailed and received the "someone will get back to you" email, but never received a response. Today I called CHAC again and was first told that McCall's Quilting was not one of the substitute magazines offered. I pushed the issue HARD that it WAS and I had an email from them confirming that I was to receive it as a lifetime subscription. After a long hold I was given an apology and a phone number to contact Creative Keepsakes. Creative Keepsakes said they don't offer lifetime subscriptions and I need to call CHAC. I told them CHAC told me to call them and they repeated that they don't offer lifetime subscriptions and I need to talk to CHAC to get them to renew my "annual" subscription. So I called CHAC back and requested to talk with the same supervisor I had just talked to...I was told she wasn't available. I demanded saying I didn't want to have to go through the entire history again. Was still told that supervisor wasn't available, but was offered another supervisor...Tyler James.

I had to go through the entire history again but at least he wasn't curt or rude. He seemed a bit surprised to learn that all the subscriptions had to be renewed each year (including the Creative Keepsakes). He told me he would get my subscription renewed immediately, apologized profusely, and told me the process shouldn't be as difficult as it had been. Since I had his ear, I told him that if he took the time to look at the forums he would find that EVERYONE was complaining about the same things...being told they can't be helped on the phone and must email, then not ever receiving a response other than the auto generated one etc. He said both email and phone customer service are the same department and he wasn't aware that we were getting that run-around, and that he would address that immediately. He also said he was going to walk down to the subscription dept and find out what the heck was going on with "expired subscriptions for lifetime members" because our memberships shouldn't be so complicated. He told me that if I didn't start to receive my subscription I should call back and ask for him.

SOOOOOO, I suggest you ALL call the club at 1-877-893-7885 (you will need your membership #), follow the prompts for "item not received", then ask for Tyler James (really PUSH to speak with him because other supervisors I spoke with were useless). If he gets enough calls from all of us maybe something will finally get fixed for us!!!

Spread the word!
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 18 of 18 << < 1415161718

10.180.218.242 WEB22