LOGIN | E-NEWSLETTER | 
Select the search type

• Site
  • Web
Search
You are here:   Forums
water color
Last Post 17 Nov 2009 03:12 PM by silversong. 3 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
silversongUser is Offline Basic Member Basic Member Posts:312 Avatar
--
17 Nov 2009 03:12 PM

yes i am warming up my water color skills! i did one yesterday to get the feel for it back. i will post it tomarrow. it is a birds nest in a dogwood branch. i wanted white flowers but they seemed like holes in the padge so i had to color them that ment (shudder) pink. it is pretty enough but i think i will not mount it on My wall. lol

oh well, maybe the next one will turn out the way i want.

nothing to do? who has that!? Silversongs’s PhotoBucket
    nothing to do? who has that?!
    LavenderFrost Posts:42722
    --
    20 Nov 2009 07:54 AM
    It sounds pretty. When painting something white, remember that white things rarely do look white if you really look at them.

Michelle, Manitoba Canada
    http://www.forest-of-dreams.com
    My blog
    sabrinamarie909User is Offline Advanced Member Advanced Member Posts:780 Avatar
    --
    21 Nov 2009 09:56 PM
    have you tried using masking where you want the white and then painting the outlines a very translucent shade of any color you wish to use as a wash? then after you take the masking your flower will be white and the outlines and shadowing will make the flower pop out.
    Sabrina from Sunny California
    silversongUser is Offline Basic Member Basic Member Posts:312 Avatar
    --
    24 Nov 2009 01:30 PM
    i think the problem was the color i used for the sky. it was just to bright to have white on it. i already recolored that one with "red" dogwood flowers. it's pretty but not what i wanted so after i finesh the other one i had drawn out i will redraw and try again.
    nothing to do? who has that!? Silversongs’s PhotoBucket
    nothing to do? who has that?!
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

10.180.218.245 WEB21