Create a photo album that is as bright and colorful as the photos you store in it.
Finished size: 4" x 6" Photo Book
Skill: 2 Time: 2 Cost: 2
You will need:
• 4" x 12" piece of 1/4"-thick craft plywood*
• Balsa wood strips*: (one each) 1/4", 3/8"
• Various colors of cardstock
• Patterned papers
• Dye inkpads*: Taupe, Coffee Bean, Olive, Vintage Green, Butterscotch, Sky Blue, Corn Flower
• Dye re-inker* in Tuscan Tan
• Garden Fence rubber stamp*
• Sparkle Fibers*: Icicle Blue, Pineapple
• Cricut Personal Cutting Machine*
• Cricut cartridges*: Home Accents, Doodlecharms, My Community
• Various brads, buttons, stickers, & garden-themed chipboard pieces
• Various tags and frames
• Chalk pencils*
• 6" lengths of assorted ribbons
• Miniature hat & ladybug
• Gem flowers*
• Paper protectant spray*
• One 1 1/2" metal ring
• Hand drill with 3/16" drill bit
• Easy Cutter Ultimate*
• Super Sander*
• Dimensional adhesive dots
• Paper glue*
Ruler, scissors, small paintbrush
*The following products were used for this project: Beacon Adhesives Zip Dry Paper Glue • Clearsnap dye ink pads, dye re-inker, Sparkle Fibers • EK Success gem flowers • Faber-Castell chalk pencils • Krylon Preserve It! Spray Protectant • Make An Impression rubber stamp • Midwest Products Co. wood, EZ Cutter Ultimate, Super Sander • Provo Craft Cricut Personal Cutting Machine, cartridges.
Note: For product information, see end of article.
• Use your imagination when selecting papers or layouts to reflect your personal style.
• Allow all glue and ink to dry between steps.
• See photo for details and placement.
STEP 1: Prepare wood. Use Easy Cutter Ultimate to cut one 3 1/4" and two 1 3/4" pieces of 3/8" wood strip. Cut one 3" piece of 1/4" wood strip. Sand all wood strips. Use a paintbrush to apply Tuscan Tan re-inker to wood strips as you would a stain. Place rubber stamp face down on surface. Use Coffee Bean inkpad to ink fence portion of stamp. Lay wood strips on top of fence portion of stamp only. Press down. Set aside.
STEP 2: Make cover image. Cut white cardstock to 3 1/2" x 4 1/2". Re-ink stamp with Taupe inkpad. Stamp once on white cardstock and once on a scrap piece of white cardstock. Color images with chalk pencils. Spray images with paper protectant. Carefully cut out image on scrap cardstock only.
Adhere wood strips to stamped cardstock, using stamped image as a guide. For a 3D look, use dimensional adhesive dots to add cut-out stamped image to wood strips. Use paper glue to add Sparkle Fibers to flower centers. Ink edges of cardstock. Set aside.
STEP 3: Make cover. To create front and back covers of book, cut 4" x 12" craft plywood to 4" x 6". Cover wood pieces with patterned paper. Ink edges with Butterscotch inkpad. Use small hand drill with a 3/16" drill bit to drill holes in front and back covers. Glue stamped image to front cover. Glue hat, flowers, and ladybug to cover.
STEP 4: Make inner pages. Cut six 3 1/2" x 5 1/2" pieces from white cardstock. Adhere various patterned papers to both sides of white cardstock. Use Personal Cutting Machine and cartridges to cut out various garden-themed images. Use images, stickers, chipboard pieces, buttons, ribbons, brads, tags and frames to decorate inside pages.
STEP 5: Finish. Once inside pages are completed, gather frontcover, inside pages, and back cover together. Add metal ring. Tie various ribbons to metal ring.
Beacon Adhesives, Inc.
EK Success Brands
Faber-Castell USA, Inc.
Make An Impression
Midwest Products Co., Inc.