Use elastic cord to create an easy and pretty bracelet.
Finished sizes: 7 1/2" to 8" Bracelet
Skill: 1 Time: 1 Cost: 1
You will need:
• 24" clear .8mm elastic bead stringing cord*
• Five 4" pieces of assorted 3-5mm ribbons
• 20 purple acrylic nuggets (14x13x6mm-17x15x8mm)
• 10 silver plated corrugated rondelles
• Clear nail varnish or clear drying adhesive
*Powercord elastic beading cord was used for this project.
Note: For product information, see end of article.
• For more information, see Beading 101: Elastic Cord Technique.
STEP 1: Cut cord. Cut two pieces of 12" stretch cord.
STEP 2: Thread beads. Thread enough beads to fit your wrist onto one piece of a cord, placing a silver rondelle every other bead. Note: To complete pattern as shown, be sure you have an even number of nugget beads. Repeat with second piece of cord. Note: To make a larger bracelet, add two or three rondelles between every other bead.
STEP 3: Tie off. Tie a Surgeon's Knot and glue. Trim excess cord when glue is dry.
STEP 4: Embellish. Lay two bracelets on top of each other. Tie a piece of ribbon around both bracelets where there isn’t a silver rondelle between nugget beads.